Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2016-12-06

Minutes of RHS meeting on 6th Dec 2016 at Jan’s.

Apologies received from Sandy and Kate, Miriam not expected at this meeting. Annie, Jan, Rob, Barbara, Peter and Ted present.

We agreed the Minutes of the November 2016 meeting without corrections.

Future meeting dates: provisionally added Tuesday 21st March at Annie’s (D’Aubigny Rd, 8pm) to future meeting dates. January and February meetings already arranged. We await comments from those not present at the meeting.

Seasonal Singing: Annie has secured mince pies from Sainsburys and is angling for other stuff. Rob will check with Annie and get other items for drinks (mulled wine and fruit juice) and take all necessary to Ted’s with big pot, ladle and sturdy plastic glasses on Thursday. A simple poster is to go to all committee for display in windows, on lampposts and in noticeboards.

Dog show planning for Sunday 21st May 2017. Annie will confirm that Pavilions will host the event(s). Jan will talk to the Surrey police dog-handler who will judge the events. We will provide tea and coffee and suggest people might like to bring a picnic and wine/beer. We will encourage people to set up and run stalls for cake, crafts, plants and more. Jan is working on about six doggy events. There will be publicity in March Reporter and social media, and probably posters thereafter.

'Thank you': Street sweeper John, binmen and recycling operatives. Annie will give each category a box of chocs from the RHS. If we manage to ID the two CityClean folk who helped at the clean-up they will get a box as well.

Newsletter delivery: Due to an earlier error not corrected we have no named deliverer of Reporters for the north side of Princes Road, but Peter Meakins agreed to take it on, and try to pass it on to a neighbour of his.

The Long Wall: we discussed a draft letter to the homes opposite the long wall, and added a reply sheet with space for senders name and address as well as comments. Rob will progress this.

Three items were raised under Any Other Business:

  • 1. Annie has been asked to meet with Damian Mamura and Richard Bradley (Head of CityClean) on 7th December to discuss  proposed changes to the way recyclables are collected in Round Hill.
  • 2. Rob attended a Level Community Forum meeting where strengthening its hand was discussed. One way suggested was to have official reps from neighbouring community groups, perhaps with a modest membership fee. The committee agreed that we would join if the idea goes ahead.
  • 3. Peter will pursue the idea of campaigning for a safer crossing at the junction of Ditchling Road and Upper Lewes Road, where there is no safe time to cross the Ditchling Road on the north side of Upper Lewes/Viaduct Roads. A Saturday petitioning was proposed. More in next Reporter.

The meeting ended at 9.30pm.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 13-Oct-2017
(registered users can amend this page)