Links to their Twitter
pages. Every Saturday from 9am to 1.30pm - Map.
Florence Road Market is held every Saturday from 9.30am to 1.30pm in One Church courtyard BN1 6DL (spanning part of Southdown Avenue running from Florence Road towards Springfield Road).
The aim is both to sell high quality produce and to make weekly shopping more ethical & communal. A further intention is to create productive roles for people by helping local businesses to develop.
Click on the links below for more info about each stall:
Stalls present on Saturday 22nd April 2017 (update of this list)
running north to south along the east side of Southdown Avenue
- Pro Baristas - specialist coffee & teas. This stall normally pitches at the junction of Southdown Avenue and Florence Road (NE corner) providing chairs to create an attractive meeting place for users of the Saturday market.
- Miranda's plants - Miranda lives locally. She is an organic gardener and grows a variety of plants. She sells to garden designers and from stalls at local markets.
- Sugar & Sprinkles - cup cakes. Emily, the baker behind this local enterprise also has a website at www.sugarandsprinklesbakery.co.uk.
- Southdowns Dairy - Food and drinks company selling cultured dairy produce from happy, healthy cows. They specialise in fresh yoghurt and fromage frais, which are also available at retail outlets in Lewes, Brighton and Hove, including HISBE and Infinity Foods. Their main website is at www.southdownsdairy.com.
- Flint Owl Bakery - craft organic breads (including sourdough) and pastry. Their breads can also be obtained on weekdays as well from their shop at the top of Preston Drove near the Post Office at Fiveways.
- Cheesology - your local mobile cheesemonger offering traditional handmade cheeses from the British Isles and bespoke chutneys made in Brighton. Check website for dates: usually present at Florence Road every fortnight, though next there on Saturday, 20th May 2017
- The Troll's Pantry - organic handmade hashes: sustainable comfort food championing local produce, animal welfare, zero food waste, #livingwage & common sense.
- Calcot Farm - farmer / butcher: speciaist meats from West Sussex. The business originated in raising pigs and selling the meat on to local people. After acquiring a curing chamber and experimenting with the recipes, they have now perfected a Fennel Salami, Hot Smoked Chorizo, Pancetta and Cured Ham.
- Louis’ Plaice - fresh ethically caught fish and local seafood obtained from Brighton & Newhaven Fish Sales - a wholesale and retail fish outlet based at the Eastern end of Shoreham Harbour next to Hove Lagoon.
- Rock Farm - fruit and veg (grown free from the use of chemicals) and free-range eggs from Rock Farm, Washington, West Sussex. This stall, previously known as Roots to Growth is the most southerly stall in Southdown Avenue i.e. the nearest stall to the junction with Springfield Road. London Road railway station and Open House are very nearby.
Look out for these stalls which have been present on other occasions: