Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

History quiz ANSWER

by Rosemary Fittock from The Round Hill Reporter June 2004

ANSWER

Tower Mill, otherwise known as Round Hill Mill or Cuttress’s Mill. This mill, built in 1838 and demolished in 1913, crowned the summit of Round Hill for seventy-five years. It stood near the junction of Belton Road and Round Hill Road. Following its demolition, the bricks were used to build some of the houses in Belton Road.

(This information is taken from ‘The Windmills and Millers of Brighton’ by H T Dawes — Sussex Industrial History No. 18).

For more information on the Mill and the Round Hill District, look out for the publication of a book (Autumn 2004) compiled by the Round Hill History Group.

Click here for the QUESTIONS.
This page was last updated by Ted on 14-Nov-2013
(registered users can amend this page)