Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2020-03-17

Mins of RHS meeting 17th March 2020.

Present and apols: Andrew, Eva, Miriam, Rob, Kate R, and Stefania at 8.50. Joanne, Jan and Barbara sent apologies.

Mins of last meeting: Approved.

Matters arising:  Miriam has sent a thank you letter to Dom.

Blue plaque on 101 RHC is agreed by new leaseholders.

Kate R is the contact for Greening project, not Eva as minuted.

Eva will ask Annie about dog mess stencils and type of spray paint.

More member profiles to go in next Reporter.

Updates: Richmond House folk moving out of area after loss of contract.

Electric vehicles, Andrew has listed nearest charging points, but none in Round Hill. Streetlights. The post in RHC is to be replaced by a steel post with LED lantern, but it is not a historic cast iron post. Need to check threat level to better posts.

Website. It is now clear that Ted is OK with keeping on the existing site, and with us establishing a new site which will have a link to existing one. David Guest is happy for us to take ownership of existing website.

Greening update: Kate R told us that the 100 tiny trees are being looked after by Jane and she is happy for us to have 20 of them, but Jane will need info on their use, including images. The bus stop area plan has stalled as the City seem much less enthusiastic, even though we don't want money or staff time. Martin Harris of Brighton Buses has offered £1500. Pete West, Jane and Dom are to meet to discuss ways forward. A group met at Rich Rd closure to discuss stopping cars breaching it, and agreed a raised bed. Estimates being found.

Rob will follow up on the 20 tiny trees for Nature2020. Nature2020 windows scheme going ahead, at least 10 have shown enthusiasm. Sylvan Hall orchard planting has been cancelled - corona virus.

Playsafe: March event cancelled, Kate R will post on Facebook. Other Playsafe await developments. Miriam will tell Sue Shanks of cancellation.

Jan's open garden plans: Miriam will approach Jan saying the decision has to be there's, and any volunteers will be doing it as individuals, as we feel we cannot support it under present circumstances. We can let people know if it's off via Facebook.

Community Facebook page has lots of Corona virus support offers, and publicity about cards to drop at neighbours, plus a spreadsheet so coverage will be known. Certainly committee members can join in, but we need to limit our liability. We talked of delivering a leaflet across the area, but no clear conclusion was reached. Kate R will contact friend group and committee encouraging action. Miriam suggested some of us might like to acting outside of committee.

Mayo Court delivery of Reporters: Kate R delivers late in day, after trades eccess ceases. We need a better method to access individual flats. Perhaps a different deliverer, or a contact in the Court. REPORTER NUMBERS WILL BE ON NEXT AGENDA.

Website again: Stefania can help set up new website, but not maintain it. Andrew can do a bit as well. They will talk and contact Friends of RH. Andrew will inform Ted of our slow action.

Google committee list has been updated to feature just committee.

Jane Davey has stepped down. Miriam also stepping down as Chair due to family demands. We will select a chair at each meeting until we get new Chair, Kate W has volunteered to chair next meeting. Miriam asked to be taken off the googlegroup list in a fortnight.

AOB: Eva said clay for seedbombs not yet sourced.

Stefania wants to know if we want a Green Gym action in September (Tuesday).

Next meeting will be by phone like this one, Stefania will set it up. 12th May 8pm.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 09-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links