Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2019-10-07

Minutes of the RHS meeting of 7th October 2019 at 51 Upper Lewes Rd

Rob, Annie, Barbara, Kates R and W, Miriam and Stefania were present. Apols received from Andrew, Vivien, Jan and Jamie.

Annie summarised the minutes of the last meeting and they were approved.

The recent events were commented upon. Good Gym's input to the clean-up was well received and they enjoyed the new venue (possible article and pics for Dec Reporter). Jumble Trail could have gone on longer - very hard to do all stalls across hillside, £45 raised from stallholders. Playsafe was successful if not that busy, some new volunteers have come forward. The linked Bookswap received hundreds of books and passed a fair proportion of them on, the best of the remainder going to charity shops. The Garden Party, at Jamie and Araminta's, was lucky to escape rain and thus well attended - we hope that our hosts were happy enough with the event to offer it again. The Greeting Cards are printed and being delivered this week (arrived Tuesday morning), they will need folding and bundling up with envelopes in 8s (selling at £2.50, cost £1.43). Miriam offered to do the folding. Rob led two Heritage Open Day walks with 12 and 13 people present, and collected £85.50 towards the Blue Plaque on 101 RHC. We agreed to send thank-you cards to Max and Rosi (for another successful coffee morning), Jamie and Araminta, Karen for maintaining RHC west end planters and Harry Brignull for regular overpainting of tagging on the long wall.

We have registered with the Council's Community Anti-tagging scheme, have received 7.5litres of paint and a reporting form.

Next meeting will be at Stefania's, 98 Richmond Road, 8pm on Tuesday 12th November.

The last Playsafe of the year is 3rd November and it will be Halloween themed. After it (Saturday or Monday?) various folk will help carry signs and barriers down to Pavilions for winter storage.

Electric car charging points were discussed. We agreed to a Facebook survey (Miriam), a paper tick response sheet at Community meeting (Miriam) and a piece in the December Reporter seeking the views of residents.

Annual Community Meeting: we discussed the content and running order, agreed to keep it informative and avoid dull detail. A little confusion over start time may mean packing events tighter. We have Larissa Reed, Executive Director of Neighbourhoods, Communities and Housing, coming to answer questions.

Several will arrive at 6pm to set up seating, boil water and set out refreshments. Barbara and Annie will bring cakes, Annie will buy milk(s) and biscuits; Barbara has Tea, Coffee and Juice. ominic and Jane have a display to put up and will give a presentation on their greening plans, Stefania will see if Eva has made progress with raffle prizes, and check if she has the book of tickets. We will need to summarise the years activities and cash flow before voting in the committee including (hopefully) some new members. Sadly Vivien and Annie will not be standing again. Possible running order:

Tea and Cake, Welcome and Annual Review (referring to last years minutes, progress and need for ongoing activity), Larissa Reed welcomed and engaged, Dom and Jane's piece, Need for new members on committee, Some voting: Constitution changes Approval for £35 spend on BHHC membership Agreement to send RS to Blue Plaque Panel Committee Officers Electric cars Greetings cards. Thanks to several key volunteers.

Miriam explained her review of the Constitution and was given the balance of the document for more thought! Hopefully we will agree whole by email and have printed new version at the meeting for enthusiastic reading and approval.

Advent Windows - Miriam has agreed to do the planning ad organisation again.

Seasonal Singing - we agreed a 6pm start at base of catcreep and hope to end at the Roundhill (Who is asking Max and Rosi?). Barbara will decorate buckets, we agreed to offer collection to Fareshare, and Rob has written to them seeking their agreement and a letter from them confirming they are taking the collected money.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 08-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links