The home site of the Round Hill Society, a community group of the residents of Round Hill in Brighton, England. The site contains information about the area, latest news and reflections on life in Round Hill.
Welcome to the website of The Round Hill Society, Brighton UK.
Try the Search box (within the panel to the left) to find what you're looking for. To get a good overview of what there is, try the
Site Directory to all articles listed by section
Our Visitor Stats show which have had the most and least hits.
SCROLL TO SECTIONS OF THIS PAGE:
Check out the Round Hill Community Noticeboard Facebook Group and its use for "Trader Recommendations" described here. This dedicated FB Group allows over 620 Round Hill residents to share their knowledge as well as their unwanted possessions.
There are about 900 Round Hill households and each receives a printed newsletter 4 times per year:
The Round Hill Reporter
Latest Edition October 2021- --------------Issue 85------------
Forthcoming events | Popular past events
Round Hill Community Meeting
The next Round Hill Society community meeting, open to all local residents, will (Covid willing) be held at 19.30 on Wednesday 3rd November 2021 at Richmond House at the junction of Richmond Road and D'Aubigny Road. We do want some new committee members. Duties not onerous - couple of hours a month usually covers it. If not you, then perhaps someone you know on the hill?
1. Brighton & Hove Arts Council Diary events & exhibitions
2. Arts | Music | Theatre | Cinema throughout Brighton & Hove
3. The Duke of York's Picture House Preston Circus
4. Sussex Concerts calendar
5. Lewes Folk Club Elephant & Castle, White Hill, Lewes BN7 2DJ
6.The Brighton Society - talks, lectures & exhibitions.
7. The Regency Society - lectures & events
8. Hove Civic Society - lectures & events.
9. Sussex Industrial Archeology Society meetings & events
10. English Speaking Union lectures at The Hove Club, Fourth Av.
11. Walks - unguided, guided, longer and shorter
12. The Living Coast - what's on?
13. What's on at The Level - calendar of events
14. Active for Life Programme including Healthwalks
15. Sussex Wildlife Trust What's on
16. Friends of Hollingbury & Bursted Woods - work sessions
17. Prince Regent Online Pool & Class Timetable
18. See also The Argus - events page
19. Brighton & Hove Food Partnership
Concerts: classical music & folk clubs
Visit www.sussexconcerts.org.uk for info throughout the county
Fridays weekly 12.30 - 1.15 p.m Unitarian Church New Road, Brighton, BN1 1UF lunchtime concerts
Fridays fortnightly 7.30pm St Luke's Church Queens Park Road evening concerts
Some Sundays 2.45-4.45pm Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra - Brighton Dome Concert Hall, Church Street Brighton, BN1 1UE
The Roundhill Facebook site for for latest information.
Visit our ARTS / MUSIC / THEATRE / CINEMA page.
Markets in easy reach of Round Hill
Brighton Open Market
Marshalls Row, Brighton BN1 4JU (opposite NW corner of The Level)
The official Brighton Open Market website is at http://www.brightonopenmarket.co.uk.
It has its own illustrated Meet The Traders page at http://www.brightonopenmarket.co.uk/permanent-traders
The Level - enjoy the park & events
Click here for bus-aided circular walks from Round Hill, Active for Life healthwalks, countryside events, outdoor pursuits, conservation volunteers & natural history.
Explore your local woodland:
Hollingbury and Bursted Woods Facebook site
Education (for adults)
See Brighton and Hove City Council's list of:
[The Friends Centre went into administration in July 2020]
Silver Strings for late starters in learning to play an instrument.
Migrant English, Welfare Rights, Yoga, Free Software, and degree level courses in Social Science and Humanities, Philosophy, Feminism, Gender & Sexuality.This page was last updated by Ted on 05-Oct-2021