Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2019-12-16

Minutes of RHS meeting held on Monday 16th December 2019 at Barbara's.

Present: Barbara Harris, Miriam Stephens, Kate Wolstenholme, Jamie Aitchison, Andrew Partington, Jan Curry, Jane Davey, Kate Rice, Eva Wendler, Rob Stephenson, Jo Alexander. Stefania Rosso did arrive, just as the meeting broke up, in time to wish the stragglers a merry Christmas.

The minutes of the last meeeting were summarised by Miriam and approved by those present. Two matters arose - Rob still has to get a print-out of carol-singing collection approval letter to Miriam for the singers. - Andrew has contol of our funds now (still 2 to sign for cheques), and he provided a summary of present situation. Current balance £5717.39 (includes £529.94 for Blue Plaque and £1000 for Greening Project).

The next meeting will be at Jan's  8pm on Tuesday 21st January.

Veolia fire deputation to Council report: Miriam will send a thank you to Dominic for developing and presenting the deputation to the E,T and S Committee. It was agreed that the high point of the event was the committee's apparent agreement to include the wider suitability of the site for its function in teh promised review of the plant facilities, procedures and circumstances. We await the minutes of the ET&S meeting for confirmation of this assurance.

Seasonal singing: Miriam, Kates R and W, Andrew and Jo are all doing the singing. Miriam and Kate R will take buckets, song sheets and instruments to the start. Miriam will decide if weather is too bad to start, and post on Facebook. Barbara and Jan will be at Jane Power's and will help with mulled wine. Jane has the wine and pies and wants to get them to Jane P's. Rob will send thank you letter to Sainsbury's.

Greetings Cards: selling but not fast. Rob will put illustrated advert in both noticeboards.

Blue Plaque for 101 RHC: Wendy has sold all 4 flats, each with a share of the freehold, so each will have to be approached to seek their agreement to the plaque fixing and taking ownership. Rob will start this next year.

Greening Project: We gather that Jane and Dominic have submitted 2 applications, and already have the promise of c100 small trees (which they hope to use as matched funding). They are applying for a Lloyds account. The 2 western Round Hill Crescent planters have been adopted into the greening scheme.

Future plans discussion: Kate W spoke of organising a toad crossing patrol in March on the catcreep. The Website was discussed. Andrew is keen that it be a part of an integrated social media approach, but the need to resolve the future of the existing website is a key first step. Jan offered to approach Ted via Jane and see if he'd be happy to release the website to us. The ownership also needs sorting. We await Jan's report on her talk with Ted. Rob went on about making use of Brighton's Nature 2020 event to plan a series of events. Discussion raised several ideas including a Playsafe activity - perhaps making solitary bee breeding places, planting hedging or individual garden trees and surveying existing ponds.

Jamie suggested we could have an easter egg hunt, his garden and Jans gardens were mentioned, Sainsbury's might be approached for eggs. Kate W suggested her choir might sing there to raise funds. Eva raised idea of box-cart building and racing during Playsafe.

AOB: Miriam asked for a volunteer to monitor Conservation Advisory Group agenda items and Andrew said he would. Now that the new bank account is in place and Andrew has taken over as Treasurer Miriam presented Barbara with a card and gift voucher from us all as a thank you for her work and time as previous treasurer.

Meeting closed at 9.10pm and we set about the spread of food laid on by Barbara.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 08-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links