Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2020-06-23

Minutes of the RHS committee meeting (Zoom) at 8pm, Tuesday 23rd June 2020

Present and apols: Jan and Jamie gave apologies, Barbara not expected to attend. Eva (hosting), Joanne, Kate W, Andrew, Rob and Stefania attended. It seems Kate R forgot!

Next meeting set for 8pm 21st July, and Kate W will host on Zoom.

Minutes of last meeting were agreed - no matters arising not on agenda (apart from Treasurers report which Rob forgot).

Treasurers report: Andrew had circulated a written report showing we have £4220 plus holding £1750 for the Greening Project (after £250 paid for the new planter at Mayo/Rich junction) and £529 for the Blue Plaque for 101RHC.

StreetPlay restart: We felt it was unwise to hold an event without Council approval, and as there is not usually an August event it seems the first likely time is in September. Joanne will talk to Kate R for her view. Things may change.

RHS communication channels: Andrew had circulated a table outlining the systems (Facebook Group, Yahoo email group, Twitter account, RHS Friends Googlegroup, Google Drive docs, Committee Googlegroup email, website email address for RHS, Reporter and Noticeboards). After discussion Andrew agreed to ask Steve Bustin if he thinks its worthwhile keeping the Yahoo mechanism alive. We agreed that mechanisms designed to reach out to Roundhillers should be used more often and that it would be best if a single person had oversite of each method, as is the case. We can all edit docs on Google Drive, but they can be 'carved in stone' as pdfs once finalised.

Photographic/House History projects - possible exhibition? Max and Rosi had suggested they could host one, if the individuals behind them are interested and we find the money for the display. Andrew will pass on contact details of the 2 people to Kate W who will pursue it further.

Wildflower Chalk labels project: We agreed to meet up at eastern RHC planters 11am Saturday 27th June to walk and label. On Wednesday morning Jane Power told the facebook forum that a team of street weed removers was at work in Princes Rd, so there may be nothing to label! Janbe suggested that those who want their weeds (those at pavement property boundary) should get out and label them 'wanted, please do not remove'.

The items on a Police Paint Grant for Graffiti removal and the re-enforcing of the 20mph limit on ULR did not get addressed.

AOB: Stefania told us of our local Mutual Aid Group and it was agreed we'd ask a rep to speak at next meeting. Stefania also suggested there might be some fixed agenda items, notably the Greening Project, so that we get regular updates. Meeting closed at 9pm, though some may have stayed on.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 08-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links