Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2020-07-21

Minutes of July 21st RHS Zoom meeting.

Present: Kate R, Joanne, Andrew, Jamie, Rob. Apologies from Eva and Jan.

Minutes of last meeting were accepted, with no matters arising (?)

We failed to set a date for the next meeting. I suggest, if we have an August meeting, it might be 18th, but it can wait until September, provided we set up whatever we plan for Heritage Open Door Week (Friday 11th to Sunday 20th Sept) by email to 'Friends of RHS' and via Facebook. Your thoughts please.

Jumble Trail: after much discussion we agreed that, if anything happened it would not be under the RHS Society banner. Given the apparent level of interest it seems likely that it will happen, and Andrew agreed to offer to help set it up via the Roundhill Facebook Group.

Big Elm - on its way out! We will keep a watch and share info when felling occurs. Rob wll refer to the loss when writing to new Arboricultural Officer, Peter Small, re thinking of us when looking for areas needing new trees.

New Tree Officer (Arboricultural Officer?) - Peter Small. In post and soon to appoint a Tree Planting Officer, so perhaps we will see more street trees yet. The existing 'rule' about no trees where pavement is under 2m wide, and tree to be a set distance from teh keb, may limit our chances, but the rule could change. Plant Your Postcode certainly hope so. We agreed that Rob would write to introduce ourselves and seek new trees here.

Royal Horticultural Society request for info about greening in lock-down.. Jane and Dominic are happy to respond to the other RHS questionnaire. Rob will pass on details, but it is likely they have had them direct.

Barbara Harris leaving Round Hill. It was agreed that Rob would approach Jan Curry to consider just what kind of potted plant might best be given.

Reporter. The next (October) Reporter will be on paper. Maslens are open again and we felt that the deliverers would be willing to return to duty! It will include a call for new Committee members and a thoughtful piece on what can the Society best do in these changed times. Andrew has provided a piece on our street wildflower survey. There should be a welcome to new residents (assuming students do return). The new planter at Mayo/Richmond junction will feature. I have received a nice article on the Dukes of Richmond street name link for inclusion. There might well be a report on a big Jumble Trail, with photos. And probably a lost elm tree.

We agreed to renew membership to the B&H Heritage Commission, subscription about £35.

We discussed doing something this summer to engage residents. The Heritage Open Door week seemed suitable, but something self-guided and set up by separate households with a little guidance to ensuresome consistency. A person called Summer, living 2 doors down from jamie, was mentioned in relation to a photo display regarding some aspect of house history. I do not know how this will be pursued, but the last meeting noted that Andrew was passing on contact detail to Kate W who would follow up. Rob will circulate an outline idea to all committee and Friends of RH outlining a project and seeking support.

Jamie will look into on online quiz for interested residents. I think

we agreed to pay a subscription for Zoom to get 'better' service. The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 08-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links