Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2020-10-13

2020 10 13 Minutes of the RHS meeting 8pm 13th October 2020.

Apologies from Jan, Jo(anne), Ingrid and Jamie. Present: Kates W and R, Eva, Andrew, Stefania and Rob. Potential committee member Gary also joined us. Big welcome to Gary Jenkins, retired civil servant new to Brighton.

Minutes: After some struggling with displaying them the minutes of the Sept meeting were agreed with no matters arising not covered below.

Website: Determined to drive the project forward we discussed and agreed the following - Andrew will contact David Guest and arrange to take over payment for existing website. - Andrew will draft wording for social media and friends group where we will seek someone to help create new website. - Stefania will investigate a suitable provider for the new website, Google sites and Wix seem up there. - Kate W will see if Ingrid Ramirez can offer any skills. - Andrew will update Jane/Ted on these plans. - Andrew will add details of website progress to GoogleDocs But we will need to decide how to control uploads, and we need to identify what the site will look like and what it will do before we hand over to a creator/builder.

Drug/ASB notifying police: The recent apparent upsurge in drug use on our streets has resulted in lots of comments on Facebook and a recognition of the need to report incidents to the police so they can build a picture to help with future policing. Eva has started a piece on this and will complete it with details of the police incident reporting process for both Facebook and the next Reporter. Kate W will check it over before publication.

Zoom AGM: We now have a paid-for (monthly) account with Zoom, but to use it for our 2020 AGM we will need to investigate how it works to ensure a reasonably smooth event. A working group of 4 ( Kates R and W, Jamie and Stefania) will explore the issues with the intention to hold an AGM on Zoom in early November ('tween 2nd and 10th). They will need to allow for time to produce and distribute 1000 A4 notices of intent to hold the AGM. Ideally our newletter deliverers will be willing to do the drop. (the sheet will also contain info about the Advent Window event). Kate R gave us some insights from her expeerience of chairing fairly large Zoom meetings for her work.

B&H local cycling and walking infrastructure plan consultation: Rob heard of this via the Green Spaces Forum (!) and made 3 comments on behalf of the Society. Supporting the idea of a light-controlled crossing at the western end of Upper Lewes Rd. Asking why the walking area for the Lewes Rd left out so much of Round Hill when it is within easy walking distance. Urging better signage of the 20mph limit on the Upper Lewes Rd. Kate W will suggest that there be on-road marking to the off-road cycle lane at the eastern end of the Upper Lewes Rd to allow cyclists to pass on teh inside of waiting vehicles and access the cycle lane at Sainsburys.

Clean up after your dog signage: Eva has led on obtaining stencil and spray paint, and has now (with Joanne) placed 'clean up' pavement notices across Round Hill. She will buy more paint and claim back from Andrew. There has been support and good feedback on Facebook. Jan has requested that the committee write to the Council seeking a new 'poo bin' at the junction of Mayo and Princes Roads as her letter has never had a reply. Rob will write.

Communal refuse bins for Round Hill?: this idea was discussed at the Environment, Transport and Sustainability Committee meeting of 29th September and the committee approved consultations on it. Should be coming our way in teh new year. Agreed to flag it up in December Reporter, linking it strongly to home waste reduction, reuse and recycling measures.

AOB: Halloween Window mapping: Emma Daniel's proposal that there be a community Halloween window event has taken off, but so far only 6 people have contacted him to be entered onto a Facebook map. He will ask for others to come forward on Wednesday. Advent windows: We will put info about it on the AGM notice to be distributed early November. Get Maslen's to print it. Community clean up with GoodGym: Stefania had offered them to us, but, after discussion, we decided not to use them this time. Mutual Aid co-operation: We discussed how we might work together and decided that we would await an approach from them. Gingerbread House activity: Eva wants to progress her plan for a competitive house building scheme! We agreed to promote it in the Reporter and elsewhere, and to offer a prize. Judges need to be found.

Meeting ended at 9.40pm

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 08-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links