Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2021-02-09

Minutes of RHS February 9th 2021 7pm Zoom meeting

Apologies received from Jamie and Eva. Summer (who set up the Zoom meeting), Andrew, Kates W and R, Joanne and Rob were present.

Before starting agenda we heard from Summer about the Round Hill Google Docs, and explained our lack of access. Amazingly Summer solved the problem, and got us all into the RH Zoom account as well. This was not quick and easy, but was successful - thank you Summer for that great assistance.

Next meeting: 7pm Tuesday 9th March Zoom (of course).

We ran through the minutes of January's meeting, agreeing them and addressing those items not on the agenda - · New signatory forms now delivered to Lloyds Bank, departed chair Miriam is replaced by Joanne. · On bike parking, Summer will provide words and photo for Reporter to get 10 posh bike locks to deserving folk.

Communal Bins discussion: We agreed to use the Reporter to urge residents to participate in the consultation, including some of the issues we see. Will try to discover what will be in consultation and when and how it will be distributed. The group which made the deputation against communal bins to the Council will also produce a piece for the Reporter. Summer suggested a social media thing based on brief spoken to camera opinions of residents, edited together for brevity and impact. Flyers through doors also considered, may depend on format of consultation paperwork.

Mutual Aid delayed because of Stefania's absense.

Long Wall discussion: We heard that Sinna1 is a friend of Summers, and this may give us a better price, also he's keen to do a work with the community section. The effectiveness of holding dangling ivy against the wall to help it cling was discussed - Kate W may have some info on this. Planting at the wall's foot will be investigated in cosultation with a specialist company for price and feasibility (Melanie Smith and partner). Rob will bring Mel and Summer together by email.

Nature Conservation etc: Kate W has had a report of the first newt seen on the catcreep, sadly just before the heavy snow. She is creating 2 substantial notices for top and bottom of the steps. A piece in the Reporter will encourage individual monitors and offer Kate as a place for the collected data, though it will mention other data recording web based places, and encourage people to use a torch/mobile phone light when using the steps. We also talked about sparrow monitoring, Kate W is speaking to a local recorder soon, and it may produce more ideas for action, swifts come later in the year. Community tree planting has been raised by a resident, and Rob will contact her with offer of Reporter piece, but urging co-operation with neighbours for street trees. There is potential for expert Zoom talks on these issues.

AOB: · Andrew noted that the noticeboard on Princes Rd is neglected, and he has offered to adopt it (with Sue P) assuming Jane and Ted are happy. They are happy to pass the key to Andrew and Sue. · Andrew raised the idea of a post-lockdown street party which was enthusiastically approved. It will be big on next agenda.

Meeting closed 8.30pm

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 05-Jun-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links