Menu
Home
About
Community
Planning
Gardens & wildlife
History
Links

RHS Minutes 2022-06-06

RHS Committee Meeting 06 June 2022 / 07:30 PM / MEETING

Attendees

Rob, Jo, Kate, Eva, Gary, Julia, Stefania.

Matters Arising

  • Officers - from Gary

Agenda

1. Rob’s RHS stuff - cards, sticker & more

  • Julia to take the documents
  • The Keep - Rob has bound the round hill reporters and will submit
  • Jamie to get gazebo from L-K

2. JanetteBurchett@Maslens is researching recycled paper

  • Julia to follow up with her ahead of next Reporter
  • Jo - happy to sort the Reporters into piles and deliver with Eva’s help (Jamie to deliver to Jo)

3. Rob walks - still wondering about doing one, two, three or none!

  • Forward emails to roundhillsociety@gmail.com

4. Register with Brighton & Hove Heritage Commission?

  • Julia to look up the meeting minutes to find old records of heritage commission
  • Look for Roger Amerena
  • Bring it up in next meeting

5. Stefania and the rhs_friends@gmail.com

  • Add minutes into the rhssociety google drive
  • List of members is in the google drive
  • Stefania to create google group for RHS friends - might have to change name
  • Friends of roundhill mailing list - any updates just need to be sent there
  • Julia to send Roundhill reporter round to friends email next time
  • Make the next meeting an open meeting
  • Jo happy to post on facebook with our logo, just needs guidance
  • Julia to update email address on the website
  • Mailing lists - owned by Stefania:
    • committee@googlegroups
    • roundhill_friends@googlegroups

6. Friends picnic - if Jan OK - Sun 26 June

  • Eva to contact Jan to see if she’s OK before we check whether we can invite the friends

7. Long Wall moving quickly now - mainly Daryl & youths - Official opening?

  • Contact graffitti tours?
  • Lizzie Deane could open the opening
  • Rob to send Sandy’s email to everyone so we can find out when the event will be open

8. Extra noticeboard - Sylvan Hall Council property - probably sympathetic. Try community engagement lady who helped with Long Wall

  • Ask Sandy Moon who the lady is from Sylvan Hall - then we should contact her about noticeboard
  • Barry Hughes is the manager of Sylvan Hall - Rob to send email address to group
  • Should we try a board at the top of Wakefield Road?
  • Rob gave keys to existing noticeboards to Laura-Kate
  • Could we open up noticeboards to kids’ pictures when there’s not enough

9. AGM

  • Contact person @ drug & alcohol rehab for venue
  • Hold in October/November

10. Jubilee report: evaluation report: check with LK if she’s doing it

  • L-K to send a list to Gary with what was paid for
  • Gary to find out what council needs - via Donna from the council
  • Party - we sold 7 packs of cards? Gary to check how much money we made and confirm in next meeting
  • Next advert for Roundhill pub for free because they gave the PA system for free to the jubilee party

11. Officers

  • Jo is the new secretary - meaning she needs to be signatory on the bank account

12. Eva - Poo stencilling on 13th June

  • Stefania to help

13. Kate moved to Patcham!

  • Will kindly continue the toad counting

14. Good gym

  • Stefania to arrange a Tuesday for the cat creep tidy
  • 19th July? / 20th September?

Action Items

  • Julia to take the old RHS documents from Rob
  • Rob to submit Roundhill Reporter collection to the Keep
  • Jamie to get gazebo from L-K
  • Julia to follow up with Jeanette Burchett from Maslens about recycled paper ahead of next Reporter
  • Rob to forward emails to roundhillsociety@gmail.com
  • Julia to look up old minutes to find old records of heritage commission (look for Roger Amerena)
  • Stefania to create google group for RHS friends - might have to change name
  • Agree on next meeting location & chair
    • Make the next meeting an open meeting to friends of Roundhill
    • Jo to post next meeting on Facebook group with logo
    • Julia to add note to website
  • Julia to update email address on the website
  • Eva to ask Jan how she is and if we can invite the friends to her party on 26th
    • Can we also make that the official opening of the long wall mural?
  • Gary to find out what council needs to know re: jubilee party & send information
  • Gary to check how much money we made from cards at jubilee and confirm in next meeting
  • Eva - Poo stencilling on 13th June with Stefania
  • Stefania to arrange a Good Gym for the cat creep tidy - 19th July? / 20th September?

Date / Agenda Items for next Meeting

Next meeting date: 04 July 2022 at 7:30 PM

Rotating chair: TBC

Host Address: TBC

  • Does Jamie have gazebo back?
  • Status of next reporter
  • Register with Brighton & Hove Heritage Commission?
  • Official opening for Long Wall mural?
  • Extra noticeboard?
  • Gary - finances
  • Stefania Good Gym dates

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 07-Jun-2022
(Registered users | Amend this page)