Gardens & wildlife

Liaison with the Universities

Liaison with the university of Brighton

If you have any concerns or questions relating to the university please let me know, you can also contact our service on the Community Relations email
Andrew Keeffe, Community Relations and Housing Advice Officer, The Manor House, Moulsecoomb Place, Brighton BN2 4GA

The Brighton University Community Liaison Team acts as a bridge between our student population and the local community. They help with a multitude of issues including housing, legal questions and community relations to promote and maintain positive relationships in the Brighton area. The team also includes our own warranted police officer, Roisin Vafaee, who is dedicated to crime prevention as well as assisting any student who has been the victim of crime.

uni police liaison officer













Liaison with the university of Sussex

Click here to read the advice which the university gives students on "being a good neighbour". This includes the following:

Neighbours can complain about your behaviour to:

  • your landlord or letting agent – they can enforce clauses in the tenancy agreement and take action
  • environmental health at Brighton & Hove City Council – it can serve warnings about noise and noise abatement notices, which are legally enforceable (and if broken you could be taken to court)
  • us – as a student you have signed up to the Student Charter, agreeing to behave considerately in the community. If your behaviour breaks this then we have a complaints process in place, which includes disciplinary action.
This page was last updated by Ted on 28-Oct-2021
(Registered users | Amend this page)